Monday, 14 January 2013
Backstory by David Mitchell
- He's never read a book by the other David Mitchell who wrote Cloud Atlas, because he's worried people will see him read it on the tube and think he's reading his own book.
- David Milliband once recognised him in a park and said hello, but confusingly mistook him for the other David Mitchell.
- He once slept with a hot groupie while president of the Cambridge Footlights. And felt terrible about it.
- He drinks more than you'd expect, and taps fags off people when he's drunk.
- He hates Chinese food.
- He thinks the worst person to bump into on holiday would be Michael Palin. And he likes Michael Palin.
- He actually enjoys going on those comedy panel shows where everyone shouts and the audience laughs loudly. Awful.
- Robert Webb is straight! Well, I was surprised.
- He claims Bruce Forsyth has a method for changing trousers in club toilets without dragging them on the urine sodden floor. It starts by taking the end of one trouser leg between your teeth, but the rest is never explained.
- He's clearly very much in love with Victoria Coren and is quite aware he's batting above his average.
- The audiobook's great because it's read by David Mitchell. Anyone else would probably be a bit weird.
- The beard's not working. I didn't learn that from the book - just the picture on the cover.